We value your input and seek your feedback
Seeking member feedback on proposed bylaws changes to ABCT’s Mission Statement and Purposes. Please see the proposed bylaws change AND the slate of candidates.
In an effort to embrace one aspect of ABCT’s strategic initiative—commitment to globalization—the Board of Directors is recommending a change to our mission statement and purposes highlighted in yellow:
The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies is a multidisciplinary organization committed to the enhancement of health and well-being by advancing the scientific understanding, assessment, prevention, and treatment of human problems through the global application of behavioral, cognitive, and biological evidence-based principles.
The purposes of the Association are to globally:
- Encourage innovations that advance scientific approaches to behavioral, cognitive, and biological evidence-based approaches to behavioral health;
- Promote the utilization and dissemination of behavioral, cognitive, and biological evidence-based approaches to behavioral health;
- Facilitate professional development, interaction, and networking among members;
- Promote ethical delivery of science-based interventions;
- Promote health and well-being through a commitment to diversity and inclusion at all levels.
We appreciate your feedback by March 1 (email@example.com).
This year we do not have a second candidate to run for President-Elect. No nominations from colleagues or self-nominations were received, and our extensive outreach efforts to encourage senior members to run were unsuccessful. While this is frustrating, we do not believe that it reflects poorly on the organization or the esteem in which it is held by its senior members. ABCT has a long history of a democratic nominations and elections system known for its integrity. Your Board of Directors is aware that it is a violation of our bylaws not to have two candidates for President-Elect and therefore, we are making this announcement early so you are aware of the situation too. We believe in following that process and encourage you to vote for the candidate put forth on the ballot, or to provide a write-in. We implore you to vote, as ABCT is a member-driven organization and it is your right and responsibility as a member to elect your officers.
ABCT Leadership and Elections Committee
David Pantalone, Chair
Patricia DiBartolo and Kristen Lindgren, Members
Candidate for President
Candidates for Representative at Large
Candidates for Secretary Treasurer